Clear · 50°

Military Records


NEW annual licenses available for a resident of Iowa who has served in the armed forces of the United States on federal active duty. Call or stop in the Recorders Office M-F, 8-4:30 and we can help you purchase an Armed Forces Hunt & Fish or an Armed Forces Fishing license!  

Request certified military discharge papers from Winnebago County.

Copies of Military Discharges (DD-214) are available and certified copies are free of charge. An application must be filled out completely. If being mailed, the application must be notarized and you will need to include a copy of a driver's license. You also will need to show entitlement if the DD-214 is not your record.

Veterans and next-of-kin of deceased veterans have full access to the record. Next-of-kin includes the un-remarried widow or widower, son or daughter, father or mother, brother or sister of the deceased veteran.

If you are entitled, please complete the Application for Certified Copy or Photocopy of Military Record form and bring it to our office. We will be happy to complete your record request if entitled to the DD214.

For more information, please contact our Veteran's Affairs Department at 641-585-5736.

Download the DD-214 Request Form

Back · Recorder