RECORDER’S OFFICE CUSTOMERS
The Courthouse is closed to the public
- PASSPORT SERVICES ARE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
PLEASE CALL 1-877-487-2778 FOR PASSPORT INFORMATION
- VITAL RECORDS (birth, death and marriage) – PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE NUMBER 641-585-2094
OR EMAIL [email protected] FOR AN APPLICATION AND WE WILL HANDLE IT BY MAIL
- RECORDING – PLEASE USE THE IOWA LAND RECORDS WEBSITE IOWALANDRECORDS.ORG OR MAIL THE DOCUMENTS to the address below:
- REGISTRATION OF RECREATIONAL VEHICLES & Hunting license – PLEASE CALL OR MAIL YOUR INFORMATION to 126 S Clark Street, Forest City Iowa 50436
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Obtaining an Iowa Vital Record
If you need a Certified Copy of your vital record for an event that happened here in the State of Iowa we can help you with the following items in our office.
MARRIAGES 1954 to Present: Can be obtained at any county Recorder’s office. However any marriage prior to 1954 must be obtained in the county of which the couple made application for marriage.
BIRTHS 1990 to Present: Can be obtained at any county Recorder’s office. However any birth prior to 1990 must be obtained in the county of occurrence of birth.
DEATHS 1954 to Present: Can be obtained at any county Recorder’s office. However any death prior to 1954 must be obtained in the county of occurrence of death.
If you should have any questions please don’t hesitate to call our office and we will be happy to assist you.
The primary responsibilities of our office:
Lands and Records Management
-Federal and State Tax Liens
-Articles of Incorporation
-Bill of Sale
-28E and Drainage Agreements
-Plats and Surveys
-Military Service Records
-Certification of Vital Records
Licenses and Registrations
-Boat Registrations, Titles, and Liens – Boating Registration Guide 2018
-Snowmobile Registrations, Titles, and Liens
-ATV & Off-Road Registrations, Titles, and Liens
-Wild Turkey & Deer applications
-Fur Harvester Licenses
-Habitat, Duck, Trout stamps
-A registered passport agent is available 8:00 – 11:00 AM and Noon – 4:00 PM daily to assist in completing and mailing applications for passports.
-This office also takes passport pictures for a fee of $12.00
-Collect Real estate transfer tax on conveyances of property
-Perform federal and state tax lien searches and research of current records for the public
-Collect and report auditor’s fee on transfer of property
-Certify recorder’s records
-Make records available for genealogy research
-File detailed reports to the county and to state agencies, monthly and annually
Iowa Land Records website: https://iowalandrecords.org
- Iowa Dept. of Natural Resources www.iowadnr.gov
- U.S. Department of State www.travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html
- State of Iowa www.iowa.gov
- Iowa Secretary of State http://sos.iowa.gov/
- Iowa Notaries http://sos.iowa.gov
- Iowa Real Estate Transfer Tax Calculator https://iowalandrecords.org/portal/clris/Calculators