***Due to limited supply, at this time Winnebago County does not know the allotment of vaccine we will be given from the State. We are NOT taking names for a waiting list at this time. Please watch for further updates. Thank you for your patience.***
Phase 1B Vaccine Sub Prioritization Summary
January 21, 2021
Iowa is currently vaccinating individuals in Phase 1A, which includes health care personnel and residents and staff of long-term care facilities. With the vaccination of Phase 1A moving closer to completion, it is time to focus attention on Phase 1B.
Last week, the Infectious Disease Advisory Council (IDAC) made recommendations and the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) issued a vaccine shortage order, which included prioritizing Iowans age 75 and older, and other Iowans who are vulnerable to exposure to COVID-19 or high-risk for illness as the result of a COVID-19 infection. These populations are eligible to receive vaccine beginning February 1, 2021. Since last week, there has been a push nationally to further expand eligibility of older adults. In response to this push, Iowa is expanding Phase 1B to include Iowans age 65 and over.
However, vaccine remains in short supply. This means not everyone in Phase 1B will be able to get vaccine right away. To help balance vaccine supply with the Phase 1B demands, IDPH has implemented a tiered prioritization, outlined below. IDPH remains in close contact with our federal partners to communicate Iowa’s need for additional vaccines.
Phase 1B Priority Populations
Persons aged 65 years and over. OR, the following populations vulnerable to high risk of exposure or severity of illness (listed in order of priority):
- First Responders
- PK-12 staff, early childhood education, childcare workers
- Frontline essential workers in food, agriculture, and manufacturing sectors who live or work in non-social distanced settings
- Individuals with disabilities living in home settings and their direct care staff
- Staff and individuals living in congregate settings not covered by previous Phase or Tier
- Government officials, including staff, engaged in business at the State Capitol
- Inspectors responsible for health, life and safety
- Correctional facility staff and individuals incarcerated
IDPH continues to urge Iowans that while the vaccine is still a scarce resource, to practice virus mitigation efforts.
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Practice social distancing with those outside your household
- Clean your hands frequently with soap and water
- Stay home if you feel sick