Winnebago County maintains over 750 miles of unpaved roads, which can become dusty in the summer months.
What you can do!
1. Contact an Approved Contractor to obtain a Winnebago County Permit
2. Submit a signed permit and fee to Contractor:
a. Fee is $25 before May 15
b. Fee is $50 after May 15
3. Schedule dust control with contractor
For contact information and for more information on dust control products, refer to the vendor information below.
Deano’s Dust Control
14711 210th Street
Mason City, Iowa 50401
Woody’s Dust Control
P.O. Box 46
Rudd, Iowa 50471
Freeborn County Coop Oil
1840 Margaretha Ave.
Albert Lea, MN 56007
Services Provided by the County
1. Gravel county roads will be bladed county-wide throughout the summer months.
2. The contractor will notify the County prior to application so the area can be prepared for dust control application
3. Dust controlled areas will be reworked as necessary to maintain a safe roadway. Special effort will be made to avoid blading in those areas to maximize the useful life of the dust control agents.