News & Updates

Passport services notice

Passport services will be unavailable Friday, September 2 through Tuesday, September 6.


Treasurer’s Office closed

Treasurer’s Office will be closed Thursday May 19


Tax Sale date

Winnebago County Tax Sale will be held June 20, 2016 at 10am.

Read More >> View All

kristin colby

Kristin Colby
(641) 585-2094
Office Hours
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday

NOTICE: The passport agent for Winnebago county will be out of the office from Friday, September 2 through Tuesday, September 6, 2016.  Passport services will resume on Wednesday, September 7.

The primary responsibilities of our office:

Lands and Records Management
-Assignments, Releases
-Federal and State Tax Liens
-Financial Statements
-Articles of Incorporation
-Bill of Sale
-28E and Drainage Agreements
-Trade Names
-Plats and Surveys
-Military Service Records

Vital Records
-Marriage Licenses
-Birth Certificates
-Death Certificates
-Marriage Certificates
-Certification of Vital Records

Applications for certified copy of Vital Record
Application for Copy of Birth Certificate
Application for Copy of Death Certificate
Application for Copy of Marriage Certificate
Please mail application to:
Winnebago County Recorder, 126 S Clark St, Forest City, IA 50436

Licenses and Registrations
-Boat Registrations, Titles, and Liens
-Snowmobile Registrations, Titles, and Liens
-ATV & Off-Road Registrations, Titles, and Liens
-Hunting Licenses
-Fishing licenses
-Wild Turkey & Deer applications
-Fur Harvester Licenses
-Habitat, Duck, Trout stamps
-Landowner/Tenant tags

-A registered passport agent is available 8:00 – 11:00 AM and Noon – 4:30 PM  daily to assist in completing and mailing applications for passports.

Other Responsibilities
-Collect Real estate transfer tax on conveyances of property
-Perform federal and state tax lien searches and research of current records for the public
-Collect and report auditor’s fee on transfer of property
-Certify recorder’s records
-Make records available for genealogy research
-File detailed reports to the county and to state agencies, monthly and annually
Iowa Land Records website: