Apply For…

A MARRIAGE LICENSE – The parties to wed & one witness may come into the County Recorder’s Office to apply. If you are unable to come into the office, call (641) 585-2094 or email and we will mail out an application to you. The cost is $35.00 with a 3 day waiting period. If you need a 3-day waiver, there is an additional cost of $5.00 and must be signed by a judge. We accept cash, check, or credit card (requires a small fee).

A PASSPORT – The person filling out the application for a first time Passport must apply in person, or a child must be accompanied by their guardians unless a consent form is brought in.

Fill out the form and bring it in person to the Recorder’s Office located on the 2nd floor at 126 S Clark St. Forest City. Apply or Renew your Passport at

Additional information about Passport Services is available on the Recorder’s page.


A BUILDING PERMIT – Fill out the application and return it to the Zoning department at the Courthouse, 126 S Clark St. Forest City. Please visit our Zoning page for more information.

Please visit our Zoning page to download the zoning form.

A JOB – Check for open positions on our Employment page.

HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION – Contact the Assessor’s Office at (641) 585-2163 or at You can also visit the Winnebago County Beacon Website

A FIREWORKS PERMIT – Fill out the Permit Application and return it to the Auditor’s Office located on the 2nd floor at 126 S Clark St.

FAMILY FARM TAX CREDIT – Fill out the application and return it to the Assessor’s office located on the 1st floor at 126 S Clark St.  Here’s more information about Farm Family Tax Credit.